Select server on which you have an account:Assuming you have an account on the student Linux server roadrunner.cs.wcupa.edu, this is a description of the set-up of WinSCP service to this server.
- Open WinSCP by double-clicking.
- Type roadrunner.cs.wcupa.edu in the Host Name field.
- Type your account user name in the User Name field.
- A this point you can click either the the Login or Save buttons. Use the Save if you want to be able to reuse this server access later (on you own personal computer).
Alternatively, after opening WinSCP, you can click the Load button so that you can modify the session information. Make sure to click Save after any modifications.
Other modificationsThe default interface for uploading/downloading files is a Norton Comander-like interface. To change a saved login to a drag-and-drop style Explorer-like interface do the following:
- Select the server login line from the list, click the Load button.
- Select Preferences and choose the Explorer-like radio button.
- Click the Save button and say OK to the popup confirmation and Yes to the second popup confirmation.