The course content is based primarily on the instructor's notes.
The textbooks are for reference as well as providing other perspectives
on the material.
programming knowledge is assumed. Rudimentary SQL
will be taught as needed. Regarding web programming,
language will be taught from scratch.
A background in HTML is helpful, but not required;
it is assumed that, this being a senior-level course,
you can learn these technologies as needed.
The course outline is as follows:
- Java JDBC database programming.
- MVC design and Java ORM usage
- Java FX8 components,
- Php language basics and form entry scripts using Smarty Templates.
- Sessions and state management.
database access with ORM (Object Relational Mapping), currently RedBeanPHP
Web framework, currently FuelPHP with Smarty Templates
- Forms, ORM usage, Template construction in the Web Framework
The NetBeans IDE is used as the programming basis throughout the course.
As of Spring 2017, versions 8.1 and 8.2 of NetBeans are both acceptable.
Also in Spring 2017, you must
use version 1.8 of Java so that
you have JavaFX8.