The course content is based primarily on the instructor's notes.
programming knowledge is assumed.
Rudimentary SQL will be taught as needed.
language will be taught from scratch.
for web programming.
A background in HTML and CSS is helpful, but not required;
it is assumed that, this being a senior-level course,
you can learn these technologies as needed.
The course outline is as follows:
- Java JDBC database programming.
- MVC design and Java ORM usage
- Java FX8 components,
- Php language basics and form entry scripts using Smarty Templates.
- Sessions and state management.
database access with ORM (Object Relational Mapping), currently RedBeanPHP
Web framework, currently FuelPHP with Smarty Templates
- Forms, ORM usage, Template construction in the Web Framework
The NetBeans IDE is assumed to be the programming basis throughout the course.
You should use the latest version, 8.2, as of Spring 2018.
Also you must
use a rececent Java 1.8 version.